Monday, January 11, 2010

Kates Playground Set Free

Refers to a work in progress 7


Oil on canvas. 40 x 50
I called this picture "Race Is When You Run", in line with my position towards the racist delirium that is affecting the currency, but from a job, or litho pencil, not memory, Toulouse Lautrec.
The design included the inimitable master of the horse's breath, his sweat and the thud of hoofs on the ground, masterful.
I wanted to remember, I took a small canvas, I left by ino quick sketch, I solved tAll painting. The view is hazardous, the horse is not elegant, at some point I stopped, something I do not quail, also without reference to the mastery of that artist.
I finished a few days ago, after weeks, and are moderately satisfied, I want to make others like this, the simplicity of the subject favors a work by instinct, even if prolonged.
The complexity of a job like that other that I'm telling, however, unbalanced and tiring.
Not that I feel unmotivated: we should have time and space to do simple jobs as they do those complicated, but with a few hours available is difficult.

0 comments:

Post a Comment